Gizmo for Skype-like functionality in Neo?

Jeremiah Flerchinger jeremiah.flerchinger at
Wed Jan 30 18:32:34 CET 2008

> the serverless instant messenger (Qt gui)
> will have soon as well VOIP and VIDEO Chat, and this is quite good for
> openmoko, as this is an encrypted one,
> so you are safe, that no third party is hearing your Voips.
>     > (
>     Other options are and
>      They
>     both do SIP.  I know about Ekiga because it ships with Ubuntu, and
>     it's
>     completely open source.  I don't know that much about OpenWengo.
>     -c.
Ekiga is just a client package and doesn't contain a server component,
like asterisk.  There is also linPhone (, which
is built with GTK and has core/gui seperation.  That might be nice for
direct integration into the OpenMoko GUI and for people who don't want
to run an entire asterisk server on their phone.