Gizmo for Skype-like functionality in Neo?

Brandon Kruse admteamkruz at
Wed Jan 30 23:11:32 CET 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 11:32 AM, Jeremiah Flerchinger <jeremiah.flerchinger at
 > wrote:

>> the serverless instant messenger (Qt gui)
>> will have soon as well VOIP and VIDEO Chat, and this is quite good
>> for openmoko, as this is an encrypted one,
>> so you are safe, that no third party is hearing your Voips.
>> > (
>> Other options are and
>> They
>> both do SIP.  I know about Ekiga because it ships with Ubuntu, and
>> it's
>> completely open source.  I don't know that much about OpenWengo.
>> -c.
> Ekiga is just a client package and doesn't contain a server
> component, like asterisk.  There is also linPhone (
> ), which is built with GTK and has core/gui seperation.  That might
> be nice for direct integration into the OpenMoko GUI and for people
> who don't want to run an entire asterisk server on their phone.

Yes, agreed. I ported asterisk as a proof of concept and to help me
understand the build process.

Besides, you cannot run asterisk with sip and/or iax and an sip/iax
client (udp bind port....)

-brandon kruse.