FM Tuner for RDS on the Neo ?

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Thu Jan 31 16:02:47 CET 2008

Am Do  31. Januar 2008 schrieb Pierre Hébert:
> On Thursday 31 January 2008, joerg wrote:
> > see other posting about magnetic compass chip interfacing with I2C.
> > It's 4 wires.
>
> If getting audio from the FM radio IC is needed, it will probably need
> some connections with the WM8573 audio chip too.
>
> Pierre.
That's right. But Lionel asked "how difficult is I2C" and he planned to
acquire TMC data IIRC. I didn't look to the chip's datasheet, but i guess TMC
will come by I2C?
OTOH the remarks on RF-interference that came up with compass chip, are much
more applicable here with radio. In the end you'll need sorta Antenna for
this device.
For audio you might consider using one of the so far unused inputs of wolfson
mixer chip. Though this is a more demanding task to keep out RF-interference
here (e.g shielding, ferrite blocks etc)