openmoko availability from the online store

Robin O'Leary openmoko-community at
Wed Jul 2 18:55:59 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 03:11:04PM +0100, Mark Sterling wrote:
> ... the UK distributor truebox state they will
> only send to the card holders address.  Which is all fair enough in
> terms of combating fraud.  Alas I'll need to get one delivered to my
> work address as I'm unlikely to be at home for a delivery.

You should have a word with your credit card company and ask them to
add your work address as an additional AVS address.  I've done this
successfully with all my cards, though I've sometimes had to insist it
was possible when the first person at the call centre didn't know how.

Incidentally, if this article is to be believed, the 'address' check is
surprisingly weak: