not being able to use Skype is a big problem

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at
Thu Jul 3 04:03:25 CEST 2008

Am Do  3. Juli 2008 schrieb Greg Bonett:
> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > ...there are plenty of open alternatives. :)
> On that note, has anyone been able to run any open voip software running
> on the FR?

You might try to crosscompile When stripping out (by
make-option) the KDE and QT stuff, and building a mere cmdline version, it
should be pretty platform independent. commenting out the libboost-regex
stuff will save you a lot of cumbersome library porting (heard building the
whole Boost lib takes a scary xGB of diskspace :-o ) - I think it's only
needed for the number-converting function, which you can easily live without
for the first.