Hampshire group purchase

Hugo Mills hugo-om at carfax.org.uk
Thu Jul 3 12:26:01 CEST 2008

   Regarding the HantsLUG Freerunner bulk buy at [1]:

   I've just dropped myself off the list, due to unforseen
circumstances (someone's already bought me one). If someone else wants
to take over organising the bulk buy, then I'm not going to complain.
However, if nobody else is willing to step up to the crease, I'm still
willing to organise it.

   I've spoken to HMRC, and phones are zero-rated for import duty. We
would still have to pay VAT on the phones themselves and on shipping,
though. Shipping to the UK is $187.07. So:

10 Pack:		$3690.00
Shipping:		$ 187.07
Subtotal:		$3877.07	£1938.54
VAT:					£ 339.24
Total:					£2277.78
Per phone:				£ 227.78

   If you're going to want me to post it to you, add a bit more for
P&P.

   Note that the warranty on the phones from the USA is a mere 28 days
DOA, which may affect your willingness to use this method. Note also
that the GSM900 version of the phone, which is optimal for the UK and
Europe, is currently sold out. There's no word on when they'll be in
stock (but I guess not too long now, and probably faster than we can
sort out money transfers).

   If you're signed up for the bulk order of Freerunners at [1], could
you please mail me, <hugo at carfax.org.uk>, to confirm (or deny) your
continued interest, and I'll get back to you with bank details.

   Hugo.

[1] http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FreerunnerBulkBuy

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
         --- Is it true that "last known good" on Windows XP ---