not being able to use Skype is a big problem

Forrest Sheng Bao forrest.bao at
Thu Jul 3 19:45:30 CEST 2008

Well, I happen to have a bunch of friends which are not tech geeks, as well
as my family members. They can follow instructions to use Skype without
bothering me. Plus, I am using SkypeIn/SkypeOut plan. I don't have a cell
phone. So I hope I can continue using it on my new handset. Probably I will
wait for a while to purchase later version of Neo when I have time to hack
it. Currently, to save time, I will choose N810, which has everything I need
out of the box.

PS: If you wanna call a traditional telephone from a VoIP client, there must
be a company providing the service to bridging Internet and telephony
network, right? Do you have such open source solutions? I think the company
need to pay money to telephony service operator. Who will pay it?

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Knight Walker <moko at> wrote:

> Most people don't want to run Skype, they just happen to run it because
> everyone they talk to through it uses it. They don't really care other
> than it makes calls cheap/free. Maybe they use Skype-in/out but from
> what I've seen, most don't. Personally, I prefer a "normal" VoIP (SIP)
> client, but I don't have a big group of Skype-using friends.
> -KW
Forrest Sheng Bao
Ph.D. student, Dept. of Computer Science
M.Sc. student, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Rm 115, Experimental Sciences Building
Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, USA

Forrest is an equal opportunity Email sender.
1. You are encouraged to use the language you prefer. Beyond English, I can
also read traditional/simplified Chinese and a bit German.
2. I will only send you files readable to free or open source software.