Openmoko Webshop Reopen NOW!!!

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Thu Jul 3 19:54:35 CEST 2008

The phone is a tri-band phone using the 1900 and 1800 bands.  The third band
is either 900 or 850.  T-Mobile doesn't use either 900 or 850 in the US --
however, other US GSM providers do use 850.
In certain locations, T-Mobile allows roaming onto these 850 networks, so it
can increase your coverage.  Refer to T-Mobile's signal checker on their
website, which will identify 850 roaming zones with a different colour.
850 is also advantageous in so much that even if you cannot roam onto it,
you can still use it to make 911 calls during an emergency.

The 850 band will however reduce your international roaming capabilities,
but 1800 is still generally available in most western countries.

So yes, either the 900 or 850 will work fine on  T-Mobile US, but the 850 is
preferred for those in the US.

Jeffrey Malone