My word on GPRS (was: How Slow Is Fast?)

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at
Thu Jul 3 22:02:59 CEST 2008

to, 2008-07-03 kello 21:35 +0200, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer kirjoitti:
> Note though, once someone wants to call you while you are not idling, i.e.
> during a long wget, you will not get any call notifications. Instead, the
> network will think you are not reachable and -- if configured -- send you to
> the voice mailbox.

Umh. Disappointing. Is this really the best it can do or best that has
been coaxed out of it so far?

Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at     - <URL:>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:>
Singularitarian - SIAI supporter - <URL:>