not being able to use Skype is a big problem

Alexey Feldgendler alexey at
Fri Jul 4 00:19:00 CEST 2008

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 23:32:47 +0200, Shawn Rutledge
<shawn.t.rutledge at> wrote:

> It's often been wished for an Asterisk-to-Skype gateway.  It would be
> an elegant solution: run the gateway at home or on a hosted server,
> and use any ordinary SIP or IAX client on the Neo.
> Well last time I checked into that was a couple years ago, but now it
> appears such a thing exists:

Those I've seen work by running the actual Skype binary inside a virtual
machine or some kind of a sandbox and routing audio to and from it. This
probably wastes ten times more resources than it should.

Alexey Feldgendler <alexey at>
[ICQ: 115226275]