USB UMTS Stick

Ingmar RIeger openmoko at ingmars-bastelecke.net
Fri Jul 4 16:51:16 CEST 2008

Hello,

is it possible to use a USB UMTS Stick like the ones from t-mobile
(http://www.t-mobile.de/surfpakete/0,12442,17837-_,00.html) at the
usbhost of the FreeRunner? Are the kernel modules available or
compilable?
An is there a firmware for such sticks or isn't one needed? I know that
many sticks are supported by linux, but whats with arm-linux? And is the
stick-firmware, if there is one, depending on the hosts architecture?

I think abaout this because I'm thinking about buying a 3G-Stick if
it'll work for use with my notebook and the FR, if I have ordered and
get min.

--
Kind regards,
Ingmar Rieger