on screen keyboard?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 5 19:01:51 CEST 2008

On Saturday 05 July 2008, arne anka wrote:
> hi,
> somebody asked thsi already a while ago (but got no answer):
> is there a package available providing a better keyboard than that
> included w/ the freerunner, resembling a multi tap phone keyboard?
> honestly, i can't figure out a rationale for spending effort on
> implementing such a limited keyboard, it even misses crucial characters!

You can at least modify the character map for the multitap keyboard - it's in
etc/multitap-pad/im-multipress.conf
You can add printing characters like slashes, pipe and so on. Not ideal but at
least a bit more useful.

> so, is there a fullblown keyboard (hopefully with up/down and tab, so one
> can sroll in hitory and use completion)?
> opkg list | grep keyboard
> gives only matchbox-strokes which looks nice but is not really functional

I found the same as you last night. I was trying to follow the instructions at
	http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Switching_Keyboards
I've just used mokomakefile to build the packages:
	make build-package-matchbox-keyboard-inputmethod
I'll let you know how I get on...