WLAN not working

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 02:48:26 CEST 2008

I am using WPA-PSK successfully on the Freerunner using a simple
wpa_supplicant.conf and one extra line in /etc/network/interfaces as
described at the end of http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_wlan
It is on interface eth0 and the driver is compiled into the kernel rather than
being a module.

I haven't tried this with the original image, but it has worked on every other
image I've tried. The original image may be using an older wpa_supplicant
version where the default driver was hostap (for prism2) not wext as it is in
the current images. If so then you either need to supply the option -Dwext on
the wpa_supplicant command line, or add an extra line
to /etc/network/interfaces under the wpa-config one:
	wpa-driver wext