Broken battery protection circuit (was: Re: Battery driver problems?)

Tobias Diedrich ranma+openmoko at tdiedrich.de
Sun Jul 6 14:31:57 CEST 2008

Tobias Diedrich wrote:
> Apparently it wasn't charged at all? (Voltage 3,324 Volts)o
>
> I think I'll try going back to the
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Freerunner/
> image...

That didn't help.
Looking at the battery circuit schematics I now think that the
battery protection circuit on this battery is probably broken.

Discharging is still possible (now at 2.8V at the terminals), but it
does not accept any charge (I tried current-limited 4.2V/200mA at the
battery terminals and there is (almost, a few uA) no current flow).

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de
このメールは十割再利用されたビットで作られています。