FR Max downlink bandwidth

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at
Sun Jul 6 16:08:45 CEST 2008

su, 2008-07-06 kello 16:01 +0200, Diego Fdez. Durán kirjoitti:
>  What is the max downlink bandwidth of FreeRunner?

80k for the 4 downlink timeslots. In theory. Practice, you can get >50.

>  It's just curiosity, I'm going to use FreeRunner to keep open a SSH
> session to my server's control server and latency is the critical thing.

Then why're you talking bandwidth? Latency is always bad with gprs.
0.5-1s usually. SSH is not pleasant but usable; done that semiregularly
over gprs for quite a while.

Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at     - <URL:>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:>
Singularitarian - SIAI supporter - <URL:>