on screen keyboard?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 18:24:53 CEST 2008

On Sunday 06 July 2008, arne anka wrote:
> > It works. Where I used to get the multitap-pad I now get the matchbox
> > keyboard. It's not as high so you get to see more of the app, but the
> > keys
> > are smaller so harder to hit without a stylus. It seems to offer a full
> > keyboard, including Esc, Tab, Ctrl, Alt and cursor keys.
>
> could you offer an ipk somewhere for download?

I'll see what I can do, but it'll mean tracking down a bunch of dependencies
built at the same time, and sorting myself some externally available web
space. It's really the sort of thing that should be in the community
repository someone mentioned last week. If you have a working mokomakefile
it's very easy to build yourself though:

make build-package-matchbox-keyboard-inputmethod

This makes the packages but doesn't update the package list in the repository
directory, so opkg won't find it. I just rebuild the last image I made to do
this, but there must be a more efficient way.

You need to share the repository directories (under
build/tmp/deploy/glibc/ipk/ ) and add them under /etc/opkg/ on the
Freerunner. I just copied the existing files, prefixing them with local-, and
edited them to point at a local httpd serving the directories. After that
just 'opkg update' then follow the instructions at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Switching_Keyboards