Mapless GPS

Audrius Meskauskas audriusa at bluewin.ch
Sun Jul 6 19:15:28 CEST 2008

The GPS Sight team thinks that to have such mapless GPS navigator it is
the amazing idea. This is something on that we would definitely plan to
work. It would the be nice to have a built - in compass sensor as some
watches do as the the instructions would depend on how the device is
oriented. But the moving vector clearly indicates where is the "front"
of the user, so we would also known where his left and right side.

The desired coordinates can likely be entered directly from the
touchscreen keyboard. Not very elegant but at least simple to use.

Thank you once again on giving hints on this.

Audrius
https://projects.openmoko.org/projects/gpv/