questions about our mailinglists

Erland Lewin erland at lewin.nu
Mon Jul 7 12:16:58 CEST 2008

2008/7/7 Sean Moss-Pultz <sean at openmoko.com>:

> We want to simplify around key communication points. What do you think
> of the following:
>
>   1) Combine 'openmoko-devel' and 'distro-devel' into one list -- called
>     'devel'.
>
>   2) Remove 'device-owners'.

Sounds good.

>   3) Remove 'hardware'.

I think it makes sense to keep 'hardware' so that hardware bug discussions
don't drown in software development issues. Also, maybe an increasing number
of people will be doing hardware interfacing and want a forum.

I appreciate the openness of the OpenMoko engineers in the 'hardware' forum,
and I guess there are people who mostly work on hardware and who would not
follow a 'devel' list as closely.

Just my two SEK,

Erland