ancient hardware?

Andy Selby andyfrommk at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:31:19 CEST 2008

> So, I don't understand the comments on ancient parts.  What have we
> compromised on by choosing these parts?

There was a previous discussion on this subject that boils down to the
latest components needed to be bought in bulk,  i.e. 500,000 peices,
FIC couldn't justify buying so much so went with lesser quantaties of
components companies wanted to get rid of, also FIC wanted open specs,
 but companies don't want rival companies knowing their products specs
so they'll only open the specs on older chips .
sorry, cant' find the mail in question, it is buried in the insanely
long qvga vs vga/yummy cpu&gpu combo threads