Laptop Replacement

Michael michael at 2020support.com
Mon Jul 7 19:05:58 CEST 2008

After seeing the  pictures of the Neo connected to a battery powered
hub, I looked around the internet to see if there were any that could
hold more batteries, but couldn't find any. Then I thought that it
would be nice to have a battery powering the hub and fast charging the
Neo at the same time, but such a thing does not seem to exist. So I
took the circuit at http://www.elecfree.com/electronic/ipod-mp3-player-
charger-by-mc34063/ and doubled it up to provide power for the hub and
the Neo. The preliminary results can be seen at
http://www.mamereplay.net/neo1973/

The hard drive and the USB ethernet card were working, but I am busy
updating my machine so I can build a kernel with support for the
wireless card.
I also need to thank whoever designed the USB port on the Neo, because
I wired the cable the wrong way around when I first connected it and
the phone was still working afterwards.

Michael.