Reviews?

sumstultussedesquoque at gmail.com sumstultussedesquoque at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 01:02:44 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any good reviews floating around for the
FreeRunner yet?  (And if not, does someone who already has theirs want to
write one?)  I'm a college student so money's very tight and I'm trying to
justify purchasing one, but I want to know exactly what I'm getting first
(in terms of functionality).  Specifically, I'm wondering about:

Cell phone functionality:  Is full cellphone functionality (i.e. sending and
receiving calls/SMS) currently working stably?

Internet connectivity:  At what stage of development is internet
connectivity, both through wifi and the cellular network?  Is there a
decently functional browser yet?

SSH:  Related to above, is SSH working?

Audio:  How functional is the FreeRunner as a PMP?  OGG support is a must
and mp3 and FLAC would be good.

Development & portability:  How easy is it to develop/compile new programs
for the platform and how easy is it to port existing applications?

Misc:  Battery life for normal usage?  Is there a JVM yet?  Ruggedness?
Compatibility with AT&T SIMs?

If anyone has any input on these, it's greatly appreciated.  Feel free to
e-mail me privately if you don't feel it'd be interesting to anyone else on
the list.

Thanks,
Evan