questions about our mailinglists

Matt Joyce matt.joyce at
Tue Jul 8 05:08:06 CEST 2008

> Dear Community
> We want to simplify around key communication points. What do you think
> of the following:
>   1) Combine 'openmoko-devel' and 'distro-devel' into one list -- called
>     'devel'.

>   2) Remove 'device-owners'.
>   3) Remove 'hardware'.
> Any concerns / comments?
>   -Sean
I imagine the above questions have been asked in the respective lists, if
they are happy to join Community, I for one am happy to read their threads.

Would there be any support for prefixing the subject with the list names ?
eg [openmoko-community]
It's a trivial enough to implement with Mailman (the system being used).

Also, should a link to the wiki be included in the list footers?
Perhaps it would be useful to new users (which I expect and hope there will
be many).