VMWare Freerunner Flash

matt joyce matt.joyce at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 12:26:49 CEST 2008

Johan Badenhorst wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone has flashed their Freerunners using
> VMWare Player on Windows and if that would even be possible?
> Alternatively would it be possible to use colinux or a similar tool?
> I've been developing for Maemo using VMWare successfully because I am
> stuck without a linux machine at present.  The Internet Tablets have a
> Windows flashing tool though, so I've never had to attempt to flash
> from a virtual machine.
>
> If this isn't an option I'll use a live CD.
>
> Thanks for any response and good luck to all the other developers out
> there getting ready for the arrival of your freerunners

I don't have experience of VMWare with a Freerunner, but in my
experience vmware (windows free version) usb devices can be problematic.
It's been a while, but I think you need to have the vm in focus when you
connect the device, and the device should be connect after the vm boots.
Trivial to try, so please let us know what works.

Matt