questions about our mailinglists

matt joyce matt.joyce at
Tue Jul 8 13:44:43 CEST 2008

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Hi,
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:08 AM, Matt Joyce <matt.joyce at> wrote:
>>> Dear Community
>> Would there be any support for prefixing the subject with the list names ?
>> eg [openmoko-community]
>> It's a trivial enough to implement with Mailman (the system being used).
> No, please don't do that. I repeat: please do not mess with the subject lines!
> To see why, look at the list archives about a year back.
I looked but other than some mild munging of some subjects, I can't see
what you're referring to.
I personally have been subbed to numerous mailing lists which [do this],
and I have not had a bad experience worthy of the anxiety you seem to

Can you elaborate please (not for the sake of debate, I'm just curious
how I have missed the pitfalls for so many years)?