x offset in landscape mode

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:31:01 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 21:28 +0200, Michael Kluge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a slight problem with the landscape mode. It seems that the
> touchscreen subtracts
> some value from the x position where I touched the screen with the
> stylus. The y value
> seems to be fine.  If I tap on the '+' on the bottom of the screen it
> looks like I tapped
> the 'home' icon. I this a known problem? Has anyone tried the landscape
> mode and
> found that everything is OK?

The bug is just four months old. Openmoko thinks you should not switch
to landscape stay upright! ;-)

I suspect the offset to be 160pixel (i.e. 640x480). It works on the
Neo1973(GTA01), thus it is most likely an xglamo issue.

A nice thing to do is to switch on the mouse cursor so that you know
where the Xserver thinks you clicked.

In /etc/matchbox/session set SHOWCURSOR="yes"
and in /etc/X11/Xserver look for the entry for GTA02 and remove the
-hide-cursor switch.

Marcus