real audio streams in OM

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Thu Jul 10 17:16:44 CEST 2008

On 10 Jul 2008, at 15:40, arne anka wrote:

> mplayer is available. imho it's able to handle those.

You neglected Mr Paulson's comment:

   "even the implementations that use mplayer rely on windows dlls"

Certainly mplayer on my PS3 does not play Real streams as it does on
my Pentium 4 (it simply fails on PS3).

On my distro media-video/realplayer is masked on PPC, and IIRC
unmasking it leads to an installation failure.

I am obliged to download Real streams on my Pentium and re-encode
them in another format before I can view them with mplayer on my PS3.
I would _love_ to hear how to play them directly.

Stroller.