Visually Impaired?

Gilles Casse gcasse at oralux.net
Sat Jul 12 01:18:08 CEST 2008

John Whitmore wrote:
> I thought with the move towards keypad free phones
> and touch sensitive screens the blind were going to left out.

Sorry, the link was just for illustrating some features available in the
proprietary world.

I appreciate the alternate, multimodal solutions you are envisioning
(speech recognition, gestures, predefined keys on touch screen,...).

Yes, a user interface _exclusively_ based on vision will exclude
visually impaired people. This seems quite obvious, in fact not so much,
it depends on our own awareness of accessibility barriers :-/

Best regards,
Gilles