San Francisco Bay Area Meetup

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sat Jul 12 01:49:33 CEST 2008

Vijay Vaidyanathan wrote:
> Hi ...
>
> I have a shiny new FreeRunner that I am planning to play with over the
> weekend, but I find the information on the Wiki a little hard to get
> started with.
>
> I've been developing on Unix since the 80's and comfortable enough to
> find my way around Linux reasonably well, but I find I could
> definitely use a little "Getting Started" help.
>
> So, is there any interest in meeting up over the next couple of weeks
> in the San Francisco Bay Area?
>
> If so, please let us know by editing this page:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/SFBayAreaGetStarted
>
> The idea would be to:
>
> (i) Spread the knowledge around
> (ii) Get some documentation going (I'm happy to document whatever I
> pick up)
> (iii) Meet a few other people who are nearly as brilliant and forward
> thinking as yourself!
>
> Since I have a selfish motive to get this going, I'd be happy to do
> the organizational legwork if needed :-)
>
> - VV
> ====

Hi Vijay,
You may want to post on some Linux User Groups in the SF bay area (SVLUG
<http://www.svlug.org/>, SF-LUG <http://www.sf-lug.org/>, BALUG
<http://www.balug.org/>, EBLUG <http://www.eblug.org/>, NBLUG
<http://www.nblug.org/>, etc.) to get their involvement. You may even
get an invitation to present at one of their meetings.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University