Fast questions (email, GPRS, WiFi...)

Jim Morris ml at
Sat Jul 12 02:38:45 CEST 2008

ian douglas wrote:

> I havne't seen any wifi UI applicaiton yet. I SSH'd into my Freerunner,
> edited /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf to alter the essid and
> key, typed "ifup eth0", then unplugged the USB cable, opened a terminal,
> ran "ifconfig usb0 down", opened the browser and navigated just fine.

I've been trying for several hours to get wifi working, it never seems to connect although it can
see my station.

I tried this too as it makes sense to turn off usb0, but that didn't seem to work either, I wrote
this script to make it easy from console (I also tried ifconfig usb0 down)

ifdown usb0
wpa_supplicant -ieth0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
sleep 10
udhcpc eth0 &

Any other ideas?

Jim Morris,