[qtopia on freerunner] - What files do I have to download?

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Sat Jul 12 04:51:01 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 02:32:10AM +0000, Clare wrote:
> Also please can you supply a root.tar.gz in addition to a root.jffs2?
> Obviously you can, I should have said Will you? please?
> (Or is there some way i can make .jffs2 into tar.gz?)

I got the files out of that .jffs2 by following this guide:

I definitely agree that a .tar.gz would be much simpler, though. I need
the files from the rootfs because I boot Qtopia off the SD card, not
from internal flash, therefore I have to extract the files into an ext3

A positive note: I installed Qtopia on my FreeRunner a few hours ago,
and it seems to work really well. Good work, Lorn!