SanDisk micro SDHC 8GB card under testing

Yaroslav Halchenko at
Sat Jul 12 05:13:10 CEST 2008

also don't forget to mount your journaled (or not) filesystems with
'noatime' or 'relatime' (more recent addition to the kernel...)
options to eliminate the need to update timestamps on each read.

I don'thave the FR yet so I am not sure but checking for those options
in / partition also makes sense to gain startup and functioning

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Andrew Bennett wrote:
>    Journaled file systems perform lots of extra writes to the drive.
>    Flash drives wear out a little quicker (in terms of writes) than other
>    drives.  Putting the two together means you're probably decreasing the
>    length of your drive's life.
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark
Student  Ph.D. @ CS Dept. NJIT
Office: (973) 353-5440x263 | FWD: 82823 | Fax: (973) 353-1171
        101 Warren Str, Smith Hall, Rm 4-105, Newark NJ 07102