GPS

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 12 07:56:00 CEST 2008

I played with it a bit more and think i figured out why i wasn't getting
locks quickly.  It looks like my Freerunner's GPS is working after all! :)

I've updated the wiki GPS_Problems page with some basic information
about how GPS devices obtain initial locks, and added more
troubleshooting information...  It would have saved me a few hours;
hopefully someone else will find it useful.  Someone familiar with GPS
should probably check it for errors.  Most of what I wrote is based on
things I learned today by word-of-mouth and skimming wikipedia articles.

-Rusty