robotics anyone?

Peter Harrison cheetah100 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 10:28:41 CEST 2008

As I posted earlier, I have already been using the Neo1973 as a main CPU for
my solar powered robotic boat. I am using it with Phidget controllers which
are USB based. Phidgets have API's for C#, C, Java and Python.  I'm using
the Python API. The Neo is an ideal robotics platform with communications
and navigation built in.

I'm looking forward to the FreeRunner because I will be able to power the
device directly off a 5v supply. Ideally I want to be able to shut down and
restart the Neo using a timer or other interrupt based approach. This way
the Neo can be shut down if there is low battery, and restarted when the
solar panels charge the battery sufficiently. Currently I can't do this with
the Neo1973 - which is a limitation.