GPS

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 12 14:49:18 CEST 2008

On Saturday 12 July 2008, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Does it make any difference to leave the gps running 15 minutes plus
> (probably a few multiples of 15 minutes is best) then power off for a
> few minutes and then back on?

No. Every time you power off the GPS it loses the data from the sats. At
present every start is a cold start. It is possible to save the data before
shutdown and send it back after a restart, but AFAIK here is no app to do
this on the Freerunner yet. I'm working on this, as an excuse to learn
python, but details of everything needed are on the wiki.