USB Networking - Freerunner & Mac OS X 10.5.4

C R McClenaghan chris at mcclenaghan.com
Sat Jul 12 18:25:48 CEST 2008

I'm having trouble getting USB networking to work on my new Neo
Freerunner. Under Mac OS X 10.5.4 I'm getting:

ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.200 port 22: Cannot allocate memory

and

PING 192.168.0.200 (192.168.0.200): 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: Cannot allocate memory

If I use an Ubuntu 8.04 virtual machine on the Mac, the ping succeeds,
but the ssh is denied with:

ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.200 port 22: Connection refused

I have looked at the Mac OS X wiki pages and tried an alternative
driver, but that seemed to have no effect. From the shell I'm unable
to run lsmod or modprobe, so I'm not sure which of the two drivers is
running. I'm about to try the other driver mentioned on the wiki for
the Zaraus, but I'm not hopeful.

I can access the USB console for both UBoots - Nor and Nand, so the
cable itself seems good.

Has anyone insight or suggestions on what I might try?

Thanks,

Chris