Howto hide keyboard (Was: Re: minimo (browser on freerunner))

Michael Kluge vollseil at
Sun Jul 13 09:32:50 CEST 2008

Michael Kluge schrieb:
> arne anka schrieb:
>> i just built minimo and cellwriter for the freerunner (gta02), which went
>> surprisingly well ...
>> make build-package-minimo
>> and
>> make build-package-cellwriter
>> the hardes part was finding the packages afterwards.
>> i put them into two tar-balls, *dbg, *-dev, *-doc and the runtime one.
>> links see below.
>> how cellwriter is supposed to replace the i don't know and with minimo
>> there's always 1/3 of the screen occupied by the keyboard (if somebody
>> knows how to make that more flexible, ie the keyboard popping up when
>> necessary, let me know).
>> for ipk see
>> community at
> I just found this:
> I'll give matchbox-applet-inputmanager a chance ...

Here is the quick and dirty process for manually showing and hiding the

- kill the matchbox-keyboard process
- (install and) start matchbox-applet-inputmanager
- run minimo

TODO would be a nicer icon in the applet bar (should be easy) and and to
  put this into the matchbox config.