Anyone using FR as a phone?

Yaroslav Halchenko at
Sun Jul 13 17:43:48 CEST 2008

wow -- that is very unfortunate... indeed phone which is useless as a
phone would sound like a failure. I hope openmoko engineers and
developers resolve the issue (bug report trace seems to reveal some

Thanks for making us aware (my FR is still on its way)

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Yorick Moko wrote:

>    there is some talk about this on the devel-list:
>    [1]
>    html
>    [2]
>    html
>    [3]
>    html

>    On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Randy S. <[4]randypower at>
>    wrote:

>      I am curious to know if anyone is using their FR as a phone.  Mine
>      has such poor audio quality, it is unfortunately useless as a
>      phone.  The audio I hear is clear but at a very low volume; the
>      other person hears my voice very distorted and with a buzz.
>      I am on T-Mobile in Texas, USA.
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark
Student  Ph.D. @ CS Dept. NJIT
Office: (973) 353-5440x263 | FWD: 82823 | Fax: (973) 353-1171
        101 Warren Str, Smith Hall, Rm 4-105, Newark NJ 07102