Anyone using FR as a phone?

steve steve at
Sun Jul 13 18:27:14 CEST 2008

I use mine. My kids used theirs till I gave it away to somebody else.

That said, some people have expereince audio issues. Engineering is on the

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Yaroslav
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:44 AM
To: community at
Subject: Re: Anyone using FR as a phone?

wow -- that is very unfortunate... indeed phone which is useless as a phone
would sound like a failure. I hope openmoko engineers and developers resolve
the issue (bug report trace seems to reveal some improvements).

Thanks for making us aware (my FR is still on its way)

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Yorick Moko wrote:

>    there is some talk about this on the devel-list:
>    [1]
>    html
>    [2]
>    html
>    [3]
>    html

>    On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Randy S. <[4]randypower at>
>    wrote:

>      I am curious to know if anyone is using their FR as a phone.  Mine
>      has such poor audio quality, it is unfortunately useless as a
>      phone.  The audio I hear is clear but at a very low volume; the
>      other person hears my voice very distorted and with a buzz.
>      I am on T-Mobile in Texas, USA.
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark Student  Ph.D. @
Office: (973) 353-5440x263 | FWD: 82823 | Fax: (973) 353-1171
        101 Warren Str, Smith Hall, Rm 4-105, Newark NJ 07102

Openmoko community mailing list
community at