[qtopia on freerunner] - What is the right place to discuss Qtopia on Openmoko?

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Sun Jul 13 22:16:01 CEST 2008

Hi!

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 06:48:41AM +1000, Lorn Potter wrote:
> Kevin Dean wrote:
> > Plugging a Freerunner up via USB to a Debian system while running this
> > image doesn't appear to charge. Is this a purely visual thing, or is
> > Qtopia unable to charge a Freerunner? I'm assuming that since the
> > other software can, this is a Qtopia thing?
>
> actually, it is an apm thing. apm battery status on the freerunner does
> not work correctly.
> I guess I need to back port a workaround from the 4.4. branch for at
> least showing when it is charging.

I have a slightly different problem: The battery does get charged, but
the screen doesn't dim or get switched off, although I told it to do
that in the settings. That's a bit annoying, and it's probably not very
healthy for the display, too.

Is this also an apm problem, and can it be worked around?

> If anyone knows how to get a real battery status on the freerunner I can
> fix this up.

I only know of /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/status.
Maybe that helps?

Regards,
Thomas