Anyone using FR as a phone?

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Mon Jul 14 03:28:44 CEST 2008

Am Mo  14. Juli 2008 schrieb Scott Derrick:
> I don't get "some people" have experienced audio issues?
>
> Is this an indication of the level of quality control in manufacture ring?
>
> Scott

This is a short form of description of the *very* random and statistic nature
of this issue. We got some reports from customers about this noise.
We are still investigating on what conditions need to come together to produce
this problem. Seems like carrier, band(850,900,1800,1900), location, time of
day, weather(yeah!), way to hold the device(!), open or closed doors and
windows etc etc etc, all influence this.
On my setups to reproduce, I constantly failed to create this noise on FR, but
had bad noise on a decent Nokia I used for reference purposes. Mention this,
just to illustrate the problems we see on evaluating the issue.

Thus far we have no clear data on that, and we have no exact reports on number
of people who experience this problem.

As soon as things are more clear, we will report on it.
Meanwhile we are about to improve the hw to cope with this (a little difficult
without exact idea of the way this happens).

/jOERG