unable to start up freerunner after batterie was full down

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Mon Jul 14 03:41:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

Your Freerunner is failing to boot with a dead (or missing) battery.
Without booting, the Freerunner can not turn on the charger.

There are 3 workarounds to this:

The easiest workaround is to boot with a spare battery, which can be
from another Neo (GTA01 or GTA02) or a Nokia BL-4C or BL-5C and I think
also a BL-3C:

1. Boot with the spare battery and attach your charger.

2. Once your phone is booted, remove the spare battery. Freerunner will
remain running, powered by charger

3. Insert dead battery and let it charge

The second method involves charging your battery in an external charger.

The final method involves charging the battery manually, enough to allow
Freerunner to boot. This requires an external power supply of about 4.5
Volts and should be done only if you feel comfortable with electronics
and hardware and understand about short circuits.

Let me know if you want to do this and I'll instruct you privately.

Regards,
Michael