[qtopia on freerunner] - What is the right place to discuss Qtopia on Openmoko?

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Mon Jul 14 09:27:09 CEST 2008

Thomas B. wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 06:48:41AM +1000, Lorn Potter wrote:
>> Kevin Dean wrote:
>>> Plugging a Freerunner up via USB to a Debian system while running this
>>> image doesn't appear to charge. Is this a purely visual thing, or is
>>> Qtopia unable to charge a Freerunner? I'm assuming that since the
>>> other software can, this is a Qtopia thing?
>> actually, it is an apm thing. apm battery status on the freerunner does
>> not work correctly.
>> I guess I need to back port a workaround from the 4.4. branch for at
>> least showing when it is charging.
>
> I have a slightly different problem: The battery does get charged, but
> the screen doesn't dim or get switched off, although I told it to do
> that in the settings. That's a bit annoying, and it's probably not very
> healthy for the display, too.
>
> Is this also an apm problem, and can it be worked around?

I haven't seen this problem. Although, because apm is broken, qtopia
cannot tell if the power is plugged in or on battery.

>> If anyone knows how to get a real battery status on the freerunner I can
>> fix this up.
>
> I only know of /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/status.
> Maybe that helps?

not on my devices:

root at om-gta02:~# cat
/sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/status
cat: read error: Timer expired

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Trolltech, a Nokia company