Homezone Icon for O2 in Germany

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Jul 14 10:41:59 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 13.07.2008, 20:05 +0200 schrieb smurfy - phil:
> Hey, i'm really new to the bitbaker stuff :) i also noticed, that after
> some new build of the app it wants to download gtk+ and fails.
>
> i really don't know why this happens.
>
> if you do a removal of the gtk+-fastscaling and then a install of gtk+
> it works, also, gtk+ installs a new version of gtk+fastscaling.
>
> so i realy don't know why it is doing that :)
>
> maybe because on 12.jul, there was an update of the gtk+* packages.

Indeed, Forcibly installing the gtk+-package works, and, as I’m back in
my homezone now, I can confirm that it works nicely so far.

Obviously, you use O2 as well. Some other Freephone and O2 user had
observed regular wake-ups from the sleep mode, which obviously kills the
battery time, and we thought that the O2 cell broadcasts might cause
these wakeups. I haven’t had my phone long enough myself to really test
this.

Do you observe the same problem? And (now to anyone): Is there a way to
disable wake-up on Cell Broadcasts, if that turns out to be the problem?

Thanks,
Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner