[qtopia on freerunner] - What is the right place to discuss Qtopia on Openmoko?

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Tue Jul 15 01:07:25 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 04:54:40AM +1000, Lorn Potter wrote:
> Kai Stian Olstad wrote:
> >> not on my devices:
> >>
> >> root at om-gta02:~# cat
> >> /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/status
> >> cat: read error: Timer expired
> >
> > On my device:
> > root at om-gta02:~# cat
> > /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/status
> > Charging
>
> hmm ok. so mine is a prototype hardware glitch. thats good to know.

Hmm, maybe that thing isn't that reliable anyway... I just observed that
it seems to oscillate between "Charging" and "Discharging" when the
battery is nearly 100% full.

Looking around in the /sys tree I found something else:
/sys/devices/platform/s3c2440-i2c/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/chgstate
It says "enabled usb_present" when charger is plugged in, and is empty
when running from battery.

I'm just guessing, though. Is there anyone here who can tell a reliable
method to find out whether a charger is present or not on the
Freerunner?

Regards,
Thomas