Anyone using FR as a phone?

Kalle Happonen kalle.happonen at iki.fi
Tue Jul 15 09:09:02 CEST 2008

Hello,
Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Diego Fernández Durán escribió:
>
>> I use the FR as a phone.
>>
>> And I trying to figure out where can I apply my C, C++, Gtk knowledge to
>> help in the development.
>>
>> A list of "small things that must be done" will be appreciated, so
>> anybody of us can use our free time to read the code, write a small
>> patch and summit it to a om developer. :)
>>

> I have using it also as a phone, almost as soon as I get one. It works
> fine. After a while I reflash it and screw it, but seems nothing
> serious.  I will play with it tomorrow finding a solution.

I also use it as a phone. Even with all the glitches it's better than my
old one which I had by accident manhandled over a long time :).

For me it works ok. The main problem is that now and then, after a boot,
I can't call or receive calls even if I seem to be connected. Another
boot usually solves this. With some kernel/image combination, I also had
the problem that the gsm doesn't work after it goes to sleep... I have
heard that my sound quality is poor though, but I haven't done further
testing.

Cheers.
Kalle

>>> http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-devel/2008-July/003562.html