Reason for GPS problems found!

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Tue Jul 15 14:19:33 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan wrote:
> grr .. confirmed here too on my neo1973 .. without SD card, GPS fix
> happens in 30 seconds, with SD card .. well, its not found one yet
> after 10 minutes.  note: i am indoors about a meter from the window ..

Not sure i can confirm this with mine. (GTA01)
Time to fix was not faster. And i usually got a fix indors at my
workingplace.
But connection usually drops colleagues office. Not this time.
So it might have actually become more sensitive.
But i'm not convinced.
Have to check this with a app that shows individual satellite levels.

> this indicates, also, a problem in the factory test procedure.  are SD
> cards tested in the factory test procedure?

I'm beginning to panic. This would be probably very very bad for the
project...