Can OM's wiki be used offline?

Brian C brianwc at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jul 15 14:51:50 CEST 2008

john wrote:
> If there is an
> interest in this I could package it up for Openmoko. There is also
> potential for developing a native GUI local search tool using hyper
> estraier because it comes with a C API and other language bindings.
> This would remove the web server dependency.

Please do package this for Openmoko!  This would be a very nice project,
with or without its own GUI.  I could see it being used on downloaded
versions of wikipedia or the Openmoko wiki.

It also would be interesting if it could be integrated into the online
Openmoko wiki, whose current search functionality is often complained about.

Brian