Reason for GPS problems found!

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Tue Jul 15 16:15:08 CEST 2008

indeed, especially since I see possibility for it to be twofold: if it
is not purely an issue of SD card in place putting physical stress on
the board somehow (would be worth checking with dummy plastic
insert instead of real SD card), it means that

1. either SD card is powered all the time (which afaik is not needed for
the flash memory ;-)), thus leading to power drain without need

2. some component on the way (e.g. capacitor) is noisy
and emitting EM noise/interference, thus again consuming power without
need.

Could anyone verify that power consumption is not changed considerably
whenever SD card is in but not engaged, in comparison to whenever there
is no SD card?

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark