Reason for GPS problems found!

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Tue Jul 15 16:25:20 CEST 2008

> It's indeed sad that it's the SD reader that's causing the problems,
> but at least the problem has been found now. It will be much easier
> to find a decent solution that allows the SD card to remain in the
> card reader. I just hope it can be fixed at home with some soldering
> or a homemade EMC-shield.

Bummer that it was not discovered sooner, though.  I really have to
ask this question: did the hardware rev's of GTA02 get tested with SD
card + GPS together?  If not, then can the test procedures please be
reviewed to accommodate testing peripheral configurations that are not
'obviously' tied to each other?  Simultaneous testing of GPS+SD seems
like a no-brainer, however with the discovery that Glamo, for example,
and SD, cannot be used together productively, and now GPS+SD not being
usable together, this indicates some test issues on the hardware
revision pipeline that need to be addressed ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan