WLAN WPA-PEAP

Matthew Lane malane at purdue.edu
Tue Jul 15 18:06:07 CEST 2008

arne anka wrote:
>> I was curious if there was implemented support for WPA-PEAP with the
>> GTA02 WLAN chip?  I'm receiving errors about WPA-EAP, PEAP, and TKIP
>> unable to parse.
>>

> well, tkip works -- could you be more specific?
> what errors exactly?

Perhaps my syntax isn't correct for the wpa supplicant; I'm having
difficulty finding documentation for manually writing a wpa supplicant
using PEAP.

network={
    ssid="PAL2.0"
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
    eap=PEAP
    identity="username"
    password="password"
    auth_alg="TKIP"
}

This yields:

WPA: Configuring Interface
Line 21: invalid key_mgmt '"WPA-EAP"'
Line 21: no key_mgmt values configured.
Line 21: failed to parse key_mgmt '"WPA-EAP"'.
Line 22: unknown EAP method '"PEAP"'
You may need to add support for this EAP method during wpa_supplicant
build time configuration.
See README for more information.
Line 22: failed to parse eap '"PEAP"'.
Line 23: invalid auth_alg '"TKIP"'
Line 23: no auth_alg values configured.
Line 23: failed to parse auth_alg '"TKIP"'.
Line 27: failed to parse network block.

Thanks for any clarification!